Monday, March 15, 2010

WEEK ELEVEN - 15th March 2010

A very special person who I've come to call my Twitter friend and my blogging buddy asked me just after I started this blog if I could donate to the Emily Tapp Melanoma Foundation for the week of her birthday.

Janelle's birthday is this Saturday.  On her birthday last year she discovered she had melanoma and was told she probably wouldn't see her next birthday.  Well, she's as tough as the cookies she bakes and in 5 days will prove her doctor wrong.

So as a special birthday request this week's donation goes to a charity that is informing the public about awareness, early detection and prevention of melanoma.

You can donate too by clicking here


PS This cause is close to my heart because my Dad is also a melanoma survivor.

2 comments:

✯ J ✯ said...

Thanks for remembering Thea ;)

Anonymous said...

I lost an aunt to melanoma just a couple of months ago. Such a worthy cause!! And I love hearing when people survive through it!! All my very best to Janelle ... have an AWESOME birthday!!