Monday, January 11, 2010

WEEK TWO - 11th January 2010

This week I have been inspired by Cate Bolt's Open Letter to the Prime Minister & The Premier of Queensland to donate $5 to Vinnies as Cate herself has asked for no donations for themselves but to give to Vinnies or the Salvos.

Can you spare a few dollars to donate, too?

And while you're at it, how about e-mailing the Prime Minister (http://www.pm.gov.au/PM_Connect/contact_your_pm_form) and The Premier of Queensland (thepremier@premiers.qld.gov.au ) Cate's letter.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could make a difference?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something I've learnt recently is that a hand written letter has more weight than an email - maybe we should get out a pen and paper as well as the email.

Life and the memoirs said...

Hi Thea, just found you in the world of blogs! What an awesome idea! I like it alot. As a 'follower' of your blog I'd like to also 'follow' and donate to the charity you select for the week. Cheers :)

Thea said...

Life and the memoirs - That is wonderful!! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you, thank you! :)

life and the memoirs said...

I'm feeling good, in a small way I've made a small difference - I've donated $5 to the McGrath Foundation and Vinnies.
Great idea Thea. Hope others follow.
Shall be checking each week for your charity of choice. Cheers :)

Sharnanigans said...

Hi Thea, sorry to leave this message on here but can't find how to contact you. Would you mind sending me an email as I really would like to talk to you chronicles at y7mail dot com , thanks